Friday, October 4, 2013

Freestyle Fridays

Since we've begun Fall I just had to make a card with a sunflower.  And yes, I've used a retired set.  I got the idea from stamperdog.com.  I keep a binder with ideas of cards that I've seen here and there and this was an old one.

 
I started with So Saffron and added a background that I had laying around from another card I made quite some time ago.  It's stamped on Very Vanilla using the French Script background stamp in Early Espresso and sprayed with Gesso to lighten it a little.  I then made two circles using Nestabilities in So Saffron and Very Vanilla.  On the Very Vanilla I stamp the Sunflower from Serene Sunflower in So Saffron.  The center was stamped in Early Espresso.  Using a Q-Tip I added gold Stickles.  The leaves and stems, from the same set, were stamped in White Craft Ink on Early Espresso. It's actually quite shiny in real life.
 
********REGINA'S MISSION********
 
Your mission this week Regina is to create a project using a fall theme.  You can make it a card, a basket, a vase, a box, etc.., in any color combination that suits your fancy. And knowing you, it's going to be spectacular.
 
See Ya Next Week!

1 comment:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card, Julie, and so perfect for this time of year! I'm trying to channel my holiday mojo, but I'll see what kind of fall project I can come up with for next week.