Friday, August 9, 2013

Freestyle Fridays

I'm super late posting today!!  I'm usually up at the crack of dawn and this morning it wasn't until 7:15 which is usually the time I am on the highway off to my full time job in the city.  Acckkk!!  It was a quick grooming and never mind checking my look 3 or 4 times before Frankii the dog and I were off and running. 
 
This week's card went to a friend of mine that celebrated a birthday on August 1st.  She loves pink.  I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock and inked up the Floral background stamp with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and brayered a bit of Spun Sugar over it to soften it up a bit.  Once that was dry I applied Versamark (direct to paper method) and covered that with clear embossing powder.  Unfortunately I could not capture the glossy sheen that this method created. 

 
To make it "pop" even more I layered that on a piece of Basic Black cardstock and used Whisper White as base.  I think the grosgrain ribbon that was layered on top of White Organza ribbon is Pretty In Pink.  I did a ribbon share a long time ago of many different colors and have plenty of it left.  It matched up pretty good.  The butterfly die (Spellbinders Les Papillons Two) was cut 3 times, twice with Whisper White and once with pink glitter cardstock.  I layered those 3 pieces together with Glossy Accents and added two rhinestones to the body.
 
Here's a closer look.
 
 
The Happy Birthday was stamped with Worn Lipstick and I did some sponging with that ink too once I cut the label die cut.
 
Regina I hope you like the ribbon.  I'm really trying to use it :)
 
********REGINA'S MISSION********
 
Regina your mission this week is to use PINK.  I  don't see you using it very often.  Are you up to the challenge?? 
 
Please don't hesitate to let us know when you'd like to join in.  We'll make a link to your blog.
 
See Ya Next Week!

2 comments:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Love the whole card, especially the fact that you used ribbon! I'm proud of you! Everything is gorgeous, and I love all the ways that you presented the butterfly. Great job!

Jacoline said...

What a gorgeous card. Regina is right the way you displayed the butterfly is exceptional... absolutely a beautiful creation