Friday, July 12, 2013

Freestyle Fridays

I  got the idea for this week's FF straight out of the current Stampin' Up catalog, see page 125. Although I didn't use a Stampin' Up stamp set, none of the ones I own fit the personality of the person receiving this one, I really like the way it turned out.


The base is Basic Gray.  I then took a piece of Smoky Slate Co'ordinations Paper and ran it through the Big Shot with the Forest Branches embossing folder by Cuttlebug which I lightly sanded.  I did swipe it with the Co'ordinations Dust Buddy (warning, it is really sticky and leaves a residue on your hands) that really picks up all the tiny little particulars left after sanding.  It works great! 
 
A piece of Cherry Cobble was ran through the Big Shot with the MFT Fishtail Flag Stax that I cut at the top to fit the front of the card.  With black ink (now I can't remember which brand I used) I stamped two images from the MFT set called On The Line.  Using a small star punch I took out some Stampin' Up Silver Glitter Paper and added 3 stars that I adhered with Dimensionals to give them some added pop. 
 
I did this on the inside


A smaller star stamp was used here. The image is also from On The Line.  I handed delivered this male birthday card this past Wednesday and the fellow rather liked it.  So in my world that's a Mission Accomplished.
 
********REGINA'S MISSION********
 
Regina your mission this week is to create a male card that calls for a little "shine".  You can use glitter, glitter paper, stickles, anything that adds sparkle.  The shine need not be the focal point. 
 
********
 
I'm off to the Annual Stampin' Up Convention next week and plan on reporting from there since it will be my first time attending.  Wish me luck!
 
See Ya Next Week!  

2 comments:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Julie, this is a great masculine card! I have to say that glimmer paper is probably one of the last products that I'd go to for a man's card, but you have proved that it works very nicely. Great job!

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Hi Julie! Wow I love this card and it is really a great card for either a man or a woman. You did such a beautiful job on it. I can't wait to see what you create next time.... see you on Tuesday Roomie!!!! Gosh I can't wait we are going to have so much fun... Regina!!! I wish you were coming too. We will miss you.