Friday, May 17, 2013

Freestyle Fridays

A very special friend of mine is celebrating a birthday this coming Tuesday (May 21).  I sent this card early hoping that she would receive it on time as I am notorious for sending gifts late.  Don't know if it has arrived as of yet since it went out to the western coast.

 
I started with Whisper White card stock stamped with the Floral background stamp in Buckaroo Blue (when was the last you used that color?).  Buckaroo Blue card stock was ran through the Big Shot with one of the large dies from the Spellbinder set Decorative Labels Eight.  Don't forget to add a piece of Wax paper when you work with the more intricate dies - your paper comes out with ease and you are left with a second cut to use for another project - image the possibilities with Wax paper.  On the Buckaroo Blue I added a piece of DSP that I found in my stash from a long ago swap.  I do know that it is Stampin' Up but I not know the name.  It's from back in the day when they offered single sided DSP.  I stamped the Beautiful Birthday sentiment with Buckaroo Blue Classic Ink and added 3 Rhinestones.  This was adhered with doubled sided foam tape to give some dimension.  Blue is one of my friend's favorite colors so I try to use that color and do something a little different every year.
 
********REGINA'S MISSION********
 
Okay crafty queen, your mission this week is to use a retired color along with ONE other color.  And the kicker, it has to be one layer.  I can see you squinting at the one - stop it - you'll get wrinkles around those beautiful eyes. 
 
See Ya Next Week!

2 comments:

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Good morning Julie! This card is absolutely breathtaking. I love what you have done with the whisper white card stock and stamped the floral image all over it. As you know I love blues and everything just goes so well together. Love the Spellbinders die too... I will have to get that one for my collection. Who.. ever the person is that you sent this card to will love it.. your creations are always just exceptional. I look forward to seeing your next project.

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

I agree with Jacoline . . . your card is just beautiful, and you "detailed" it so perfectly. That's a great tip to use wax paper with intricate dies--I need to remember that! Looking forward to my mission, and I'm trying to stop squinting. ;-)