Friday, April 27, 2012

Freestyle Fridays - Faux Patina

For this week's project I used this tutorial from last week's Weekly Inkling on www.splitcoaststampers.com.  I used the exact same colors as described and the Finial Press Embossing Folder and the Thanks for Caring stamp set.


My first attempt came out with way too much Gold Embossing as I was too heavy with the Versamark.  Upon reading the tutorial again I realized that the instructor had indicated to apply it "lightly".  So I tried it again and was much happier with the result above.  On the inside I added a piece of Natural White and a bit of embossed flowers. 


The main color of the card is Early Espresso.  The sentiment was added with mounting tape to give the whole card some dimension. This technique is now a favorite. 

********REGINA'S MISSION********

Regina this week you are to try your hand at the tutorial provided.  The colors and shape of the project are to be of your choosing.

Make sure your come back next week to see what the amazing Regina creates for us.  It's sure to be A-MA-ZING!!

See Ya Next Week!

2 comments:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Oh, this is a gorgeous card, and I LOVE how you decorated the inside! I hardly ever stamp inside the card, but I must remember to do that!

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Hi there Julie! I just love this technique. Your card is so lovely and very sophisticated looking. Now I have another technique to try. Thanks so much for always giving us such creative ideas. Incidentally I absolutely love the inside of the card. Like Regina, I am going to have to start doing something on the inside of my cards too. Have a great weekend and give Frankii a hug from all of us.