Thursday, December 8, 2011

Freestyle Fridays - Santa's Coming

I was looking at some of my supplies yesterday and came across some galvanized pots that I had purchased some time back.  With no particular design in mind I spray painted one in red.  Once that was dry I took out a container full of glitter paper in all sorts of colors.  Cut a strip in black and circled the pot with it.  Made a belt buckle with some gold using a square Nestabilities.  Die cut some black circles.  Took out the Tasteful Trim die and ran it through the Big Shot with some white glitter.   Can you picture where this is going?


In my glitter stash I also had a some red leafing so I stuck that into some floral foam.  Let's call this Santa's Tree.  Seriously, this was done in no time at all.  Best of all, the glitter paper has a sticky back so it came together very easily.  The only time consuming part was the spray paint drying time.

This is going to be my last Freestyle Fridays post for this year.  Regina will bring you her mission next week and we will resume January 6, 2012.

********REGINA'S MISSION********

Ho Ho Ho Regina!  Your mission this week will be to take something in your supplies, no special purchase necessary, and turn it into Santa's Coat.  So yeah, you gotta use Red. And some black. And some white.  The only other criteria is that you must play Christmas music while creating this coat.  You know you love it!

See Ya Next Week!

2 comments:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Well, you really hopped on the creative train this week, didn't you? What a great project, one that is a perfect decoration and would make a great giftable, too. I'll see what I can come up with for next week. Thanks again for the missions . . . I look forward to them every time!

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Julie what a great little gift item this would be or just a decoration for your home. You are just so talented. Now I am going right downstairs to look over my stash and see what I can come up with. Thank you, thank you for always inspiring me with your creativity.