Monday, August 15, 2011

Manly Mondays

I went down to the craft room last night to make a card for Manly Mondays and on the table this card was sitting there from class on Saturday.  A little turquoise never hurt a man, tempting at that (wink wink).


The Tempting Turquoise base was layered with Naturals White that was first ran through the Big Shot with the Flourish Textures plate.  The image from Nature Walk was embossed with Silver on Naturals White and layered with a bit of Tempting Turquoise. A brad from the Ice Circles Rhinestone collection finished it off.


On the inside we stamped the image twice in Versamark on either side and in the middle with Tempting Turquoise. Nothing wrong with these colors for your Manly Man.

WHAT'S UP WITH FRANKII

The day was coming to a close last Saturday and I decided to watch a little TV before lights out. Frankii was laying comfortably by the fireplace, fast asleep, and I settled on Billy the Exterminator.  In this particular episode this lady had called in with a case of a squirrel that had somehow gotten into her house.  Oh oh I thought maybe I should watch something else.  Well it turned out to be way too entertaining.  Turns out she had 3 squirrels running around in her living room.  How the heck does that happen I wondered.  Her living room looked like something you would see in a magazine and very stylish. Billy and this other guy caught one and put it in a cage.  The other two got caught eventually and when they went to put them in the cage the first on flew out.  And I mean flew.  Pandemonium ensued. The squirrels were squealing of course and Frankii kept lifting his head from his resting place wondering where the squirrel was.  I was laughing so hard it was hard to convince him it was coming from the TV.   

Frankii got a new toy, a stuffed Dalmatian that I picked up at the thrift store for a measly 50 cents.  Here he is introducing it to his favorite red smiley face that use to have two arms and two legs. I'm actually surprised that this red thing has not been completely destroyed because it has a squeaker inside and those toys never last since he just has to get to the squeaker which totally shreds the toy.


Resting after another busy day with his girlfriends Dolly and Lucy.

A La Prochaine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the card Julie & enjoy the story about the squirrel & of course about Frankii

Betty H

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

I love what you did with the card Julie and always love hearing about Frankii's latest escapades as he is such a cool guy. I can't imagine having three squirrels in the house... that poor woman. and the catching of them sounds hilarious. I hope your new job is going well and will talk with you again soon.