Friday, July 8, 2011

Freestyle Fridays - Celebrating Baby's Arrival

Mid-May I saw a job posting that was for a Maternity Leave and by the description is was me all over.  I thought about it long and hard since I had left the financial planning industry several years ago for various reasons.  Within two days of applying I got a call and the interview process began.  3 interviews later I get an offer, and an awesome one at that, decide what the heck, go for it.  Who can refuse paid parking in downtown Edmonton! I started June 1st and have been loving it from the first minute I walked through the door. This company is one of the top 50 companies to work for in Canada and there is evidence of that every single day.  With that said, there was a little baby shower at work for the lady that I am covering for.  At one point in time I showed her the SU catalog and asked her to pick out her favorite colors which turned out to be Wild Wasabi and Pumpkin Pie.  Not knowing the sex of this little one I went with these colors.   


I picked up the basket at a local church thrift shop and spray painted it and just happen to have some wide ribbon with green and orange that matched close enough.  I was happy to find the blanket and matching sleepers (the box that says Joe on it - top left corner).  I filled it up with things that I thought would be appropriate to carry in a diaper bag.  There is also one of those car signs that says Baby On Board.

For the card I started with Wild Wasabi, 5x5 square, a la Regina, and a layer of Pumpkin Pie designer paper.  I really don't have a lot of baby stamps but sure happy I got the Buggies and Booties set quite some time ago.  The grass is a die cut that I adhered with mounting foam and sponged with Wild Wasabi Ink.  The Buggy was embossed with Iridescent Ice and punched out with the large Scallop Circle Punch.  Also inked the edges with Wild Wasabi.


The butterflies were cut with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit and Wild Wasabi Designer Paper and adhered with a two way glue pen.

For the inside I stamped the booties in Wild Wasabi and used a die cut in two different sizes to add the sentiment Hello little baby (welcome home).  


The soon to be Mama was very appreciative which is always somewhat of a relief when you hand make something for someone.

********REGINA'S MISSION********

Regina, somewhere somehow, there is someone in your surrounding area that is expecting.  Your mission this week is to make a project with a baby theme. And I know with just that your creativity is already in full swing.

See Ya Next Week!  

2 comments:

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Oooh Julie I just love this card. It is adorable and now wonder she loved it. I love the simplicity but also it is very elegant with the embossing powder... really, really nice. Too bad I never picked that stamp set as I love the way it looks on the card.

I hope that Frankii is doing well and keeping out of trouble. Take care, and I look forward to your postings next week.

Anonymous said...

I really love this card. I have 2 babies being born in the family this year so I now have an idea.

Like you I do not have lots of baby stamps.

great job Julie

betty