Friday, February 18, 2011

Freestyle Fridays - Gift Box

A few weeks back Valita Reynolds posted a tutorial on SplitcoastStampers for a Envelope Gift Box.  This is my attempt and version of it.

I did make the closure at the top a little different and added magnets to ensure the box would stay closed. The base is Rich Razzleberry Cardstock and the DSP used is Old Olive. The dies used with the Big Shot are: Circle Scallops #2, Island Floral and the Beautiful Wings Embosslit.
This is the card that goes inside
The same paper used for the box were used here.  The flower was made with the Original Blossom Party Die by layering petals and cutting them inside each other. I sponged the edges with Rich Razzleberry, added a pearl from the Pretties Kit and dropped Crystal Effects here and there to give it a "dew-y" look. Before putting it all together I used the Distressing Essential Kit to curl the top of the petals inwards. It was adhered with glue dots. The DSP was ran through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. The sentiment is from the Hostess Set Afterthoughts. 

I'm not a fan of making boxes.  I must admit I rather enjoyed making this one and Valita's instructions were easy to follow.

***REGINA'S MISSION ***

Regina, since one of your favorite colors is Rich Razzleberry your mission will be to use it and make a set like this using the link to the tutorial at the top of this post. It will be amazing!

See Ya Next Week!

7 comments:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Awesome project, Julie! So many details, each of which makes a lot of difference. I LOVE to make boxes and look forward to trying this one. I hope it's an easy one. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great Job on the box Julie & Love the colors.

Betty

Vickie Kertz said...

Saw your post on inkyfunstamper. This is a fantastic project. Love the colors and I just love the butterflies. Also I am always a sucker for the embossing folders. GREAT JOB

lady Anne Howard said...

Well done Julie, I love them both, the box is brilliant and I too love the colours...
Love ~ Lady Anne

Crazystamper said...

Love it Julie! The colours are just beautiful too! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.crazystamper.typepad.com

Card Crazy said...

Delightful project. The color combo is striking!
Sue S.

Leslie G. said...

Beautiful!