Friday, January 21, 2011

Freestyle Fridays - Regina's Mission

My efforts to make a video for Regina's Mission this week just tanked!  Frankii was just all over the place and there was no way, no how, for me to "direct" him. You see, we had just returned from playing in the snow and he was still super excited.  Especially since we stayed out quite a bit longer today because it was +1c.  Yes, that is in fact a + sign.  We had a blast! The wind was calm and exceptionally warm. And yes, the infamous squirrel was spotted and chased.  At the end of this post there is a little video of Frankii.  On to the card. 

Here is the card for this week:


This is a card that Frankii will be giving to his girlfriend Dolly. The base is Real Red.  The Whisper White layer was ran through the Big Shot using the Flourish Texturz Plate. All well as the Real Red Label Punch. After I ran the Whisper White layer through the Big Shot I edged the top and bottom with the Pinking Hearts Border Punch. On the Whisper White punch out using the Modern Label Extra Large Label Punch the sentiment "a dog wags its tail with its heart" was "stamped" using the Real Red Marker.  This sentiment is from the stamp set D is for Dog. The two hearts are made of sticky back fun foam purchased at a local dollar store. Be advised should you use this with the Sizzlit like I did.  The foam is a little thick for the Sizzlits. I actually broke one of the hinges on the first past. Not to worry, it worked fine on the second pass and it should be fine for other future projects.

On the inside we got a little creative:



All of these images are from the D is for Dog set.  The paw prints spell out in human language
Will
You
Be
Mine?

Yup, this human needs some human time! 

******Regina's Mission******

Make something with Fun Foam. Options would be: a complete card, book cover, door hanger, coffee cozy, embellishment(s). Can your new Gypsy handle it?? You're sure to have some fun with it.

************

Here's the little video I promised a the beginning of the post. Poor dog, when I was listening and trying to make a James Cameron movie/video he kept looking for food in his dish and obeying the commands he could hear. 



See ya next week!

6 comments:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

I L-O-V-E Frankii!!!!! It's okay if he didn't want to do a mission video . . . I suppose he was still mad at you, so it's really not his fault. Ha! I love his Valentine for Dolly, and I will see what I can come up with using fun foam.

Fran Bosse said...

I loved the way Frankii listened to you abaout eating his food. Now csn you give me tips on paper training and no biting for a puppy??!!! LOL LOL

Debbie Martin said...

What a lucky person you are to have Frankii! What a cutie, thanks for sharing. Love the card.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Wow I love the card. Dolly will be pleased. I just love the way Frankii holds his head when you talk to him.

Betty

lady Anne Howard said...

Love the card, it is so cute. My Dad used to teach his dogs to wait for a command to eat but my fur babies just grab it when it gets put down, so spoilt lol...
Love ~ Lady Anne
England

Anonymous said...

Franki is sooooooo adorable! What a well trained puppy dog!

Jen A.