Friday, January 7, 2011

Freestyle Friday

It's a New Year so we have a new Name!  On Fridays Regina and I will no longer be featuring ideas only on the female side.  Expect Anything. Missions are still going strong so please be sure to read to the bottom of the post.

We're the starting the year off with a Birthday card that I made for my Gal Pal, Betty.  Don't ask how old she turned. She's older than I and that's all that matters  JEven though our birthdays are 10 days apart and she's a wee older I'm still not telling. Thankfully when we went for lunch this year it was nowhere near the -50c (-58f) we faced last year.  It was a warm -18c (-0.4f).

I wanted to do something a little different so I made the card to measure 9"x4". Also used the Faux Pearl Technique that Betty has been wanting to learn although I did it a little different than taught by my upline Wendy.  When Wendy demonstrated how to do it we had used a piece of Saran Wrap bunched up in a ball and dabbed into Shimmer White Paint.  I did use Saran but I wrapped it around a Dauber and applied it to Glossy Paper.


Once that dried (does not take very long) I sponged a bit of Pear Pizzazz all over it. I then stamped the image with Black StazOn. I purchased this image a long time ago and unfortunately do not have the name of the company or stamp. I colored it with Metallic Pencils and did some paper piecing for the shirt using the same paper as the background which is made by Chatter Box called Olive Parlor Roses.  The little flowers coordinate perfectly with Concord Crush.  The ovals were cut with Nestabilities and the word WHEW! was computer generated and printed in Concord Crush usind the small Oval Punch.

For the inside:


I computer generated the words and printed in Concord Crush on Pear Pizzazz. The image of the lady in curlers was a freebie from the lady that I bought the image on the front of the card.  Betty really liked it as she laughed that hearty laugh of hers that makes me love her so.

I tried to make a "mission video" featuring Agent Frankii. He would have none of it and my patience was running a little thin yesterday as I have had a tooth that has been bothering me for the last few days and quite frankly it's making me crouchy.  Hopefully the tooth ache won't last long and the next time I try to film a mission Frankii won't be such a Diva.

***** REGINA'S MISSION *****

Make a card that measures 9" by 4" using the Faux Pearl Technique. Shake up the White Shimmer Paint bottle.  Using the paint that is on the bottom of the cap dab a piece of Saran Wrap either wrapped around a dauber or not and apply to Glossy Paper. Shake up the bottle again to get more paint on the cap - a little goes a long way - and apply until you like the effect.  You can choose to sponge a color on it or not.

                                             **********

Make sure you drop by Regina's blog to see what she has been up to.  Last week she started Make It Snappy Monday. The card she features is one of my personal favorites.

See Ya Next Week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie this pic of the card does not show how great it is. Yes I am older but one day you will be my age. Look out. Can't wait for next class.....

Betty