Monday, December 13, 2010

Manly Mondays

It's Garry's Birthday today! That's Betty's Garry.  Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you! Garry is a super nice man. Super nice as in it's a very hot summer day and I'm over for a visit.  Garry says "would you like me to detail your truck?"  Say what!!!  It's 30c (86f) out here, there's 20 pounds of dog hair in there and Frankii is chasing your cat up a tree.  Uh, No Garry, thanks very much though. You're way to kind.

This card will be waiting for him this morning when he gets up - by way of special delivery by Betty.


I did the layout first with Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist, Charbon DSP and Whisper White.  I used Dimensionals for the sentiment to give it some "pop".  As I was looking and thinking of what image to use I can upon a clear mount stamp set by Penny Black called "12 Days of Christmas".   This is the one for the 12th day, 12 drummers drumming.  What I like about this set is that the words are mounted separately and you can use the images all year round.  When I showed it to Betty she exclaimed "How did you know?"  How did I know what....  Turns out Garry is a drummer.  Talk about hitting the nail on the head!  I've always known Garry to be multi-talented - he can sing, write lyrics - which reminds me I must get the words to the song he sang to me over the phone awhile back - Hey Betty can you hook me up? You really can't tell from the picture, the image and sentiment are embossed in black using Basic Black Craft Ink and Clear Embossing Powder.


On the inside I used an image from Party Hearty stamped with Marina Mist Classic Ink.

Have a  Super Duper Birthday Garry!  Even though Betty is taking me out for lunch today for my birthday tomorrow, I still wish you an awesome day LOL.

A La Prochaine!

4 comments:

lady Anne Howard said...

Beautiful card...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

* Shell B.* said...

Nice Job Julie

Shell~Alaska♥

Anonymous said...

Great card

lizzy

Anonymous said...

Julie once again Garry Loved the card. A Very

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

TO YOU

Betty