Friday, October 22, 2010

Feminine Fridays Week #13

The weather in Alberta is sure fine these last few days. At least in the area where I live.  The nights are cool but the days are warm.  Keep it up!  We deserve it after the non-existent summer we had.

This week's card is not what was suppose to be.  I was trying to make a fan fold following a video tutorial from www.Splitcoaststampers.com I was having a heck of a time and the hour was getting late.  So the fan fold card turned into this:


The only thing that I kept from my original plan are the colors.  The card measures 5 x 5. The base is Textured Rose Red. On the Whisper White Layer I stamped the retired background stamp, Filigree, in Old Olive.  I absolutely love Rose Red with Old Olive. I use it quite often. I made a mat in Old Olive and to that attached piece of Whisper White which was first stamped in Rose Red with the ballerina from yet another retired stamp set, Dance Sketches.  This is one of the first stamp sets I purchased when I started to make cards, oh, 5-6 years ago.  Still love it to this day.  In the corners I added Jewels from the Basic Rhinestone pack to give it a little bling.

And now on to Regina's mission.

Use a retired stamp set that you treasure (we all have at least one, or maybe two, or three...) using Rose Red and Old Olive, plain or designer paper.

******
Before I leave you for this week  I thought I would share with you what Frankii does when he comes back from spending the day with his girlfriend.

That Dolly sure wears him out. That's what happens when you date a younger chick. He runs in the house, has a drink and straight for the couch.  Could be a really bad cliché.  It's barely 5:00pm! And don't even talk to him..... :):)  How he can sleep comfortably like this is beyond me.  The boy's a hoot.

See ya next week!

1 comment:

lady Anne Howard said...

I know what you mean about starting with a video then it going pear shaped lol. But I do like what it has turned out to be. Love Frankii, bless him.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx