Monday, September 13, 2010

Manly Mondays Week #21

I was out shopping the other day, ended up in men's shirts, and there was this design on a shirt that I absolutely fell in love with.  This card is based on that shirt. 


I cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock at 4 1/4 and 11, scored in the middle.  With Vanilla Craft Ink I stamped the image from Baroque Motif 3 times, avoiding to use the part with the tulip. Heat set with the Heat Tool.  I followed that by putting the Fleur de Lis stencil from Elegent Trio on top and applying Versamark direct to paper.  Carefully lifted the stencil off the cardstock and covered the image with Silver Embossing Powder and heat set that with the Heat Tool also.


For the inside I added a layer of Basic Gray and used a retired punch in the corners. It seemed that this punch went perfectly with the front design then any other that is current.  When I first tried this, instead of Versamark, I used a glue pad and applied glitter.  It probably would have worked if I had not forgotten to use the Embossing Buddy to remove static as the glitter was perfect on the image but there was also little bits of glitter on the cardstock and looked rather messy.  It was one of those "If I don't try it, I won't know" moments so I'm glad I did. I did not put a sentiment on it so that I could have it on hand at a moments notice for maybe a birthday, congratulations on your promotion, or whatever other occasion may come up for a friend or relative.

A La Prochaine!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again Julie Great card. I sure hope you have enough men in your life for all these wonderful cards

Betty

Anonymous said...

Looks Great!

Heather

Liz Goldhawk said...

I love the embossed fleur-de-lis with the swirls behind... it's very striking!