Monday, April 12, 2010

Manly Mondays Week #5

I apologize for not posting the winners on Saturday.  They've all been contacted and cards are on the way ladies.  Enjoy!  

Keeping with the Get Well theme this week's card is


Started with a piece of Basic Black sized 11 by 5 1/2, scored in the middle and folded in half.  Then I took a piece of Old Olive and put it through the Big Shot using the Distressed Texturz Plate and attached that to the Basic Black.  I embossed the jar from All Wrapped Up in Silver on Cardstock Vellum and cut it out.  In Black Staz-On I stamped the bug from Bunch O' Bugs on the back side of the jar and adhered that to the Old Olive. The letters are from a Sizzix Die that is not exclusive to Stampin' Up. And voilà, this week's card.


After thinking about it for awhile this is what I added to the inside

I just embossed the lid of the jar and hand wrote:  Hope you put a lid on it soon!  with a Basic Black Marker.

We had a very nice day last week prior to a wind storm which brought on a really good game of chase the tennis balls with "the kids". 




We found 10 tennis balls after the snow melted.  All the ones that went missing in the deep snow this winter.  Of course, they both want the same one!  Too funny.  Wesley, the one in the back, would be wagging his tail too if only he had one.  He has the trade mark Australian Shephard tail which makes him look like a little sheep or small polar bear when he runs at high speed.  They got a work out!

A La Prochaine.

2 comments:

Carey said...

I like it and your babies. Mine should show up with this post. He is Roscoe-the swap eating dog. I think I will be following this thread. I love the manly cards and need lots of info.

Carey
aka Roscoe's mommy

Wanda said...

Love your card girl. And I must say, I love those dogs - hope you enjoy them. TFS but what die cuts are you using on these cards for the messages/sentiments?